Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Bad Day

My car wouldn't start yesterday and if things couldn't get any worse it was 8 degrees snow falling down everywhere & I had to walk to school, thank god it is only a mile away but walking in the snow carrying a 10 lb back pack is no easy task.

I was FREEZING!!! It was so cold that the sun wasn't even melting the snow. I figured it was just too cold for my little Florida beetle to start up. When I had a break I walked back home to find that the car still wouldn't start. So back to school in the afternoon by foot yet again the snow had stopped but it was still very cold by mid afternoon it was a whopping 18 degrees.

I called a tow truck to pick up my car & take it to the VW dealer down the street. Their shuttle drove me back home and was told they wouldn't know anything until the next day. This was bad news as I had a job interview to go to after school. I had to call & reschedule the interview for later on in the week.

So this morning I get up for school & mentally prepare myself to walk to school in the bitter cold this time carrying about 20 lbs of books as today I had all of my classes. I was dieing I couldn't believe that I had to walk with all that weight but I couldn't take a chance and leave any books at home.

The dealer finally calls and tells me I have water in the gas tank. I was like WHAT???? Needless to say I had them go ahead and fix the car as I can't be without it. $335.00 later the car is running like it use to.

If breaking down, having to walk to school for 2 days in the snow, getting hit with a huge repair bill wasn't bad enough the person that I was suppose to interview with called me to let me know that they already filled the position..Ughhhh I was really looking forward to that job I guess I'll have to keep on looking.

No comments: